Took my "Request for Demolition Permit" papers in to the Municipal Hall ($34.71) The clerk phoned me back later to ask if I knew we only had one Folio number for the two lots. She wasn't sure of the ramifications of this but basically it means that there has only been property taxes paid on one property instead of two!
PANIC! Phoned Hubby, he flips and talks Lawyers then I called our Realtor, Jack Davis, and he instantly put me at ease saying that it wasn't our problem and to not let them bully us. Minutes later the lady from the Municipality phoned back to say that the Provincial Assessment department will issue a new folio number for the lot when we apply for a building permit. Problem solved.
On another note our lady at Coast Capital was not as positive, their land appraiser came back with lower appraisals than the TD did so we have less leeway with money than we thought. She is going to talk to the assessor to see if he can increase it in any way, but I think that will be unlikely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment