Monday, May 31, 2010

Finally some progress.

After a disappointing Friday when I heard that the key people I needed at the Municipality were off!!
The planning guy that is in charge of my tree removal permit called to say it was all in order. The only drawback was that they don't release the permit until you submit the building permit request!! This is to stop people cutting down trees and then not building. I then spoke to the engineering man re:- the future trench digging to upgrade the sewer line across the back of our yard. He would like the trees gone! So I had the two of them talk and went down to the Municipal Hall and came out with my tree permit. I also left them with a cheque for $10,000 for the future trenching that they will do. It may not cost that much but they want the money up front.
So I talked with my tree guy and the trees come down Thursday and the services will be capped this week so it all is coming together.

I went by the house and there is a film crew back in our area. There was one there last summer filming a seies for YTV. This is a movie starring Katherine Heigl from Grey's Anatomy , according to staff at the Municipality.

There were also two male quail fighting on my roof!!

No comments:

Post a Comment